Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Toilets!


Mara:  As soon as we got off the plane we were at the London Heathrow Airport.  We had to stand in the "immigration line"  it took like an hour and a half to get to the "passport check" which is where they make sure you're allowed in the country and they ask you these stupid questions like: Why are you here visiting?, Do you have friends or family in the U.K.?, and they ALWAYS call you "madam."  It's so funny!:)  Anyways, when we got through all that stupid stuff, we went the the restrooms.  They have funny looking toilets!  They are circles!

5 comments:

  1. Well, Mara, if you think that's different, be sure your mom tells you about bidets before you guys use one! Love, G'ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your comment to John's mom & she remarked that Mara asked her when she saw the Bidet in the bathroom HERE "Why do you have two sinks?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the immigration officer was calling me "MADAM" because I wasn't answering his questions correctly. He asked me John's nationality & I (wrongly) said "English" to which he replied, "He's BRITISH!" Whoops. Sorry. I also failed the question "Why did the childrn's FATHER not accompany you?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious as to what the *wrong* answer was. And what would have been the correct one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, apparently "English" sounds too nationalistic & un-inclusive. And about why their father didn't come . . . I hemmed & hawed & mummbled something about "finalizing" and he was HORRIFIED about putting me in a tight spot. I said, "No matter. The children will need something to discuss with their therapists."

    ReplyDelete